Sunday, May 28, 2006

Goodbye to Low Fat!

I’ve finished the low fat chapter! I don't think I made the most effective use of this chapter (remember August? Sheesh!). It's a bit outdated to be eating low fat food these days anyway - recent buzzwords include "Low GI" and "low carb". But there are some lovely noodle recipes in here, and the stews are generally pretty good too.

Here are the recipes.

98. Braised Fennel
103.
Cauliflower and Cumin
94.
Vegetables with Ginger and Garlic

Quick Stuff, or Suggestions for Almost-Thrown-Together Suppers
75.
Steak
99.
Poisson au Poivre
354.
Tataki of Tuna
93.
Sugar Spiced Salmon with Chinese Hot Mustard
83.
Brown Rice Salad
73.
Aromatic Chilli Beef Noodle Soup
87.
Mushroom Udon Soup
74.
Braised Dried Shitake Mushrooms with Soba Noodles
84.
Seaweed and Noodle Salad
76.
Mackerel Teriyaki
82.
Salmon Marinated in Den Miso
104.
Cambodian Hot and Sour Beef Salad
310.
Thai-Flavoured Mussels
342.
Thai Clam Pot
89.
Vegetable Miso Broth
18.
Lacquered Quail
19.
Japanese Flavoured Sweet-Sour Cabbage
97.
Beet Greens and Buckwheat Noodles
95.
Shredded Beetroot Salad with Yogurt
105.
Beetroot Soup
85.
Restrained Mushroom Risotto
107.
Fine Pasta with Crab

Salad Dressings
185.
Miso Mustard Dressing
13.
Dijon Mustard Dressing
116.
Thick Miso Dressing for Beans
86. Thick Roast Garlic and Lemon Dressing

Cook and Freeze-Ahead
77.
Vegetable Curry in Vegetable Sauce
88.
Beef Braised in Beer
106.
Half-Coq au Vin
364.
Char Siu 1
365.
Char Siu 2

I can’t find the link for the “roast garlic and lemon dressing”, but I know I’ve made it, as I’ve crossed it off my list. (It’s not in my index – I checked). Anyway, if anyone knows where it is, please let me know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is kind of interestingly ironic that Nigella has a low-fat chapter...I don't associate her with that movement. Still, the recipes are lovely & healthy. Congratulations!

irenethrun said...

Sarah, Roast garlic and lemon dressing is #86 on 8 August.

By the way, you are an inspiration (see my blog for more details...) and good luck for the next 3 days!

Sarah said...

Thank-you very much!!

Just off to see your blog now...

xox Sarah