Saturday, December 24, 2005

Man cannot live by mince pie alone...

... but I reckon I could give it a pretty good shot.

The rest of my family are not quite as mad-for-pie as I am, so I had to whip up a little something savoury for dinner. (Or as I like to call it, the break between mince pies).

One of my favourite recipes so far has to be the pasta with butter and stock cube juices (which, strangely enough, I've never made with stock cubes, only with actual pan juices) from the One & Two chapter. Given that we had an almost-full bowl of gelatinous goose gravy sitting in the fridge, I thought I could reprise the recipe for a delicious and quick meal.

pasta

This went down very well with myself, and the family. I believe that this is one of the best pasta sauces ever, and certainly the best way to use up old gravy. Why let it die a cold and mouldy death in the fridge when it can so easily be transformed into a superb supper?


Dan getting the last strand of spaghetti

No comments: