Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The 3 Bird Orgy, Part V [Leftovers]

Do you know what, last night at dinner I forgot the bloody gravy! We'd gone to all the trouble of going back and forth from butchers to get the gizzards for it, and in the evening I carefully made it, and left it in the pot, off the heat, with the lid on, to keep warm until dinner. And with all that faffing around getting dinner organised, I totally forgot about the gravy. I only realised that I'd forgotten it when we were clearing up the kitchen.

But I suppose that just goes to show how fab the rest of that meal was, because no-one missed the gravy. Also, the moist-and-mushy (and totally divine) red cabbage acted as a very effective meat-moistener.

Anyway, there were heaps of leftovers, and today for lunch Dad and I started working our way through them.


Leftovers - potato stuffing, gravy, red cabbage, stuffing/goose meat ripped from carcass, bits of duck and goose legs in the plastic bag.

Look how lovely and gelatinous the gravy was! I think it'd be perfect for a pasta with butter and stock cube juices...


Gravy

I took out a suitable serving, and microwaved it all before pouring some gravy over. It was so lovely, and very strongly flavoured, so you only need a tiny amount.


Lunch - perfect for a 34 degree day! (Not really, but good anyway!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dear sarah,
what a fabulous meal! It looks like the goose turned out delicious!!! felicitaciones!
f