Sunday, October 30, 2005

Sunday Lunch

At about 3pm today, I started getting quite hungry and wanted lunch. I knew that there was sauce leftover from last night's Shepherd's Spaghetti, and was hoping to find some cooked rice in the fridge to go with. No such luck though, and I was forced to come up with my own carb. Would I bother to cook my own rice? Perhaps boil some pasta? And then, I remembered, in a bit of a eureka moment, the delicious children's couscous which I made for my lunch last week.

This time I only used peas (grating a carrot just seemed like too much effort), and 50 grams of couscous, with a quarter of a chicken stock cube and 100ml water.


CousCous and lamb - rather like Morocco, Lean Cuisine style

It looks nice all separated, but tastes far better all mooshed up and squidgily ferried in clumps from bowl to mouth. Very satisfying.

No comments: